Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve; It's Bittersweet

We decided to start a family tradition and we ordered Chinese. We had a big fight over the fortune cookies, but I ended up getting one, Phoenix ended up getting two. Today is bitter sweet. I'm glad the year is over. It's been beyond terrible. It started off miserable, but is some how, miraculously ending great. Our mini dachshund Cash who was only 2 years old died on New Years Day this year and today Jer was offered 3 new jobs, which is truly a miracle, and I don't believe in miracles. I'm glad for Jer and our family that we will start the new year fresh, with new job hours, so no more of this 3rd shit BS. On the other hand, I will always miss Cash and will never forget him and how he died.

My drug addict and dealer neighbor at the time shot and poisoned him so he had no hope at survival. I hate that this had to happen and that it had to happen on a holiday and set the tone for the New Year, but I won't let it bring me down this year. I'm supposed to be graduating with my 2 year degree in Criminal Justice, so good things should be happening for us. I'm not generally optimistic, I actually call myself a realist, but I really believe, or hope anyways, that this is our year. Last but not least, here is a picture of our precious boy Cash, who will forever live in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment